College visits can be stressful. Traveling with friends, however, lightens the mood. Plus, all the details have been handled by us. You can focus on the campuses and have fun with friends.
We provide opportunities for you to feel like a student on each campus. In addition to the traditional tour, you'll eat in dining halls and we will have sessions in student centers. Frequently, you will have the option to attend a campus event, such as a basketball game or play. When possible, we encourage you to attend a class. Then, you can ask yourself -- Does it feel like home?
Unique to Texas College Tours, an undergraduate student will be your personal liaison at each university. These students were carefully selected by Texas College Tours. Each Campus Director is committed to making the most of our time on their campus, as well as answering your questions before and after our visit. The information they provide may be a significant factor in your decision-making process.
To fully evaluate a college, you must also consider its greater surroundings. We provide a highlight tour of each city's major sites. Our tours include overnights in some of our state's greatest cities: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. You may have noticed those were listed in alpha order. We don't want to get into bragging rights with Texas cities!
On Texas College Road Trips, you will most likely stay in a Hilton and Marriott property. Our accommodation decisions are based on personal visits to each property, not just recommendations from others or online sites. We meticulously evaluate sleeping rooms and additional amenities at dozens of hotels to ensure a comfortable and convenient experience. Similar to college visits, some things cannot be decided without seeing for yourself.
When selecting hotels, we look for three things:
- Exceptional properties
- Suite rooms (when available)
- A safe, secure environment
We only charter the highest-rated motorcoach companies. Yes, they cost more, but we are committed to providing the safest, most comfortable trip.
Specifically, we require:
- Modern fleet of late-model coaches
- WiFi with electrical outlets
- Television monitors with DVD
- Seat belts
- Reclining leather seats and tray tables (not always available)
- Experienced drivers with a great record (as noted by the U.S. Department of Transportation and FMCSA)
- Excellent maintenance records (as noted by the U.S. Department of Transportation and FMCSA)
From the selection of our motor coaches to our hotels, your safety is our primary concern. Our hotels are located in safe neighborhoods with nearby medical facilities. Our drivers have a perfect record. Our charters have the most modern, well-maintained fleets. Additionally, we hire our own evening security guards. Tour directors and most group leaders are certified Texas educators with years of experience in student travel. In addition to their first-aid certification, our tour directors have completed our specialized training in food allergies and emergency protocol.
With the exception of souvenirs, our motorcoach tours are all-inclusive. You'll just need money for t-shirts, snacks, and optional events (announced prior to each tour). Yes, we try to always stop at Buc-ee's!
The following are included in the tour fee:
- Accommodations in highly-rated hotels -- quad occupancy w/queen beds*,
- Luxury motor coach with WiFi and electrical outlets,
- All meals**,
- Snacks and water on the motorcoach,
- All fees for collegiate events and other activities,
- Campus visits to featured universities,
- CSAP (College Selection & Admissions Process) Q&A Sessions,
- Commemorative t-shirt,
- Campus visit staff -- Campus Guides & CSAP Facilitators,
- Tour staff, night security, and motorcoach driver.
* You may upgrade to a private bed (triple occupancy).
** Unless otherwise noted, all meals are included.